Field Service Engineer at Daystar Power Energy Solution
Field Service Engineer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Engineering / Technical
- We are looking to engage competent and experienced Field Service Engineers to maintain and operate our sites in the South/West region of Nigeria. He or she will troubleshoot and repair PV inverters, commission new equipment, and increase customer satisfaction through quality service and a professional behaviour.
- We are seeking a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- The candidate must be able to operate, service and maintain renewable energy hybrid systems installed for clients in the commercial, industrial and telecoms sectors across Nigeria to achieve a minimum uptime of 99.9%.
- Implementation of procedures for operating and maintaining Daystar Powers’ assets at specific client sites.
- Ensuring power availability to clients’ equipment 24 hours/day, 7days/week.
- Collaborates with team members to ensure:
- Minimum uptime of 99.9%
- Operational site expenses with regards to diesel consumption, consumables and power from the grid is as per budget
- Adherence of clients to contractually agreed operational procedures and operating times
- Billing and collections together with the finance department
- Best-practice maintenance of assets, including diesel and gas generators, batteries, inverters and solar panels to maximize their life.
- Is readily available to travel to various sites within Nigeria on a need basis
- Ensuring best QHSE practices while on site
- Assist in market research and identify solar energy projects in Nigeria.
- Develop standard operating procedures and HSE standards for solar installation work.
- Develop and coach technical staff to meet the objectives of the company.
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector.
- Liaise with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
- Approximately 5% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field.
- The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; work in outdoor environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; preferably Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical.
- Minimum of 2 year’s work experience in power system operation and maintenance (preferably renewable energy)
- Must have good knowledge of diesel generators and rectifier system
- Previous experience in the telecoms sector is an added advantage
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate about quality of workmanship.
- Good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- HSE certification is an added advantage.
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Method of Application
- Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified? Go to Daystar Power Energy Solution on jobs.workable.com to apply