Representing upstream in exploration, offshore and onshore production, as well as downstream in refining and petrochemicals, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is dedicated to addressing the emerging human, technological and environmental challenges involved in maintaining and operating new oil and gas fields.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Location: Not specified
Deadline: Not specified
- Ensure the performance of instrument tubing, transmitters and local instruments installation following Senior Technician instructions and in accordance with safety and quality standards.
- Perform instruments and pipe fitting activities in accordance with safety and quality requirements.
- Follow daily instructions given by Senior Technician.
- Perform Instrument tubing, fittings, transmitters and local instruments installation on, guaranteeing the quality of work performed.
- Ensure the works are carried out according to project drawings.
- Verify the equipment and materials are in good and safe operating conditions and report any anomalies to Senior Technician.
- Perform leak test of the instrument tubing/pipe installed.
- Follow the permit-to-work statement.
- Ensure the housekeeping of the work location.
- Carry out, at the Senior Technician request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Ensure conformance with environmental and safety requirements commensurate with executing required instrument maintenance or replacement activities.
- Tests accuracy of flowmeters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers, radiation counters or detectors, and other recording, indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in system, using test equipment, such as pressure gauges, mercury manometers, potentiometers, pulse and signal generators, oscilloscopes, transistor curve tracers, and ammeters, voltmeters, and wattmeters.
- Involve in evaluation of instrument performance to identify optimization and enhancement opportunities.
- Remove defective instruments from system, decontaminate, disassemble and clean and reassemble instruments, and replace defective parts, using hand tools.Lubricate instruments and replace defective wiring and tubing.
- Calibrate readings on instruments according to standards and adjusts phasing and aligns stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function.
- Record calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret technical project documents such as isometrics, standards for supports, P&IDs, piping arrangements, plot plants, alignment sheet, project installation procedures.
- Ability to identify possible issues in the documentation and to promptly take corrective actions.Instrumentation equipment installation and tests Knowledge of instrumentation equipment and test procedures.
- Past working experience in a maintenance / construction engineering role in the oil and gas industry.
- General knowledge of the equipment,methods and processes used in the oil industry.
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others.
- Ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and contractors.
- Physical ability to go regularly to the installations and work there in the climatic conditions of the site.
- Working Language: English.
Specific Technical Knowledge:
- Instrument Tech: Pressure, Temperature and Level measurement instruments, Control Loops, Control Valves, Control Logic, Ex proof certified equipment, etc
- All types of instrumentation Gas and Oil metering, DCS and PLC systems, UCP’s, etc.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 3 years or more.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the maintenance offshore Oil and gas installations.
- High and National Diploma or higher qualification in Electrical / Instrumentation and control engineering.
- Must have handled flowmeters in all forms up to automation level.
- Must have ability to install and calibrate ultrasonic flowmeters.
- Ability to read / interpret P&IDs.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
What can we offer you?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SPIE Oil & Gas Services on www.join.spieogs.com to apply.