Africa Oil & Power Conference Highlights Nigeria Megaprojects, Gas and Power Initiatives
- Hon. Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State, Petroleum Resources to speak at Africa Oil & Power event in Cape Town, South Africa.
- AOP 2018 takes place on September 5-7, 2018 and brings together 500 public and private sector delegates from Nigeria and around Africa.
- This year’s conference features a Nigeria-themed exhibition area and on-stage Nigeria spotlight session, featuring local entrepreneurs.
Cape Town, 24 July 2018 – Nigeria’s energy entrepreneurs and public officials will meet at Africa Oil & Power, the year’s elite energy event, on September 5-7, 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa. Africa Oil & Power is the premier venue for dealmaking and networking in the African energy industry. Companies can join AOP as a sponsor or exhibitor and showcase their products and services at the energy event of the year.
This year, AOP 2018 includes a Nigeria Spotlight session featuring the Hon. Minister of State for Petroleum Resources Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu accompanied by leading Nigerian companies. The Minister of State joins 16 other confirmed ministers of petroleum and power.
For the first time in 2018, AOP provides Africa’s top exploration and production, finance and services companies with the opportunity to exhibit at dedicated country pavilions alongside government and private sector partners. Nigerian companies will be presented as part of a dedicated Nigeria pavilion.
Among the confirmed petroleum and power ministers speaking at AOP 2018 are:
- H.E. Gabriel M. Obiang Lima, Minister of Mines and Hydrocarbons of Equatorial Guinea
- Hon. Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth, Minister of Petroleum of South Sudan
- H.E. Pascal Houangni Ambourouet, Minister of Petroleum and Hydrocarbons of Gabon
- Hon. Jeff Radebe, Minister of Energy of South Africa
- H.E. Fafa Sanyang, Minister of Energy and Petroleum of Gambia
- H.E. Abdirashid Mohamed Ahmed, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources of Somalia
Nigerian VIPs in attendance include:
- H.R.H. Lamido Muhammadu Barkindo Aliyu Musdafa, Adamawa State
- H.E. Bindo Umaru Jibrilla, Governor of Yola
- Dr. Hamidu Babanka Mohammed, Commissioner for Adamawa State
- Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, OPEC Governor for Nigeria
This year, OPEC Secretary General H.E. Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo will receive the Africa Oil Man of the Year award at the Energy Coalitions dinner held on 5 September 2018. To learn more about the conference, program, speakers and panelists, visit the AOP website. Registration is now open and delegates can buy their passes online.
To exhibit in the Nigeria pavilion or to sponsor the Nigeria spotlight session, contact Declan Byrne, VP of Business Development, +27 72 957 2765.
Media contact: Ms. Aziza Albou: [email protected] Tel: +1 646 377 2178