The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has established ‘Service-Based Electricity Tariff Situation Room’ to tackle issues and problems in the sector.
In a statement, NERC, said, “The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has established ‘Service-Based Electricity Tariff Situation Room’ to attend to enquiries on electricity customers tariff bands and other issues related to the new regime of electricity tariff across the eleven electricity distribution companies (DISCOs).”
Continuing, it said, “Members of the public are advised to use the under listed channels of communication to contact the Commission directly on any issue regarding the service-based electricity tariff.
“The telephone lines will be available between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday only.”
The Commission also requested consumers with complaints to call the numbers below.
1. Abuja and Enugu — 0907-316-7635, 0907-086-2925, and 0907-525-5868
2. Eko and Yola 0902-271-0904 and 0907-648-8275
3. Ikeja and Kaduna 0701-826-8319, 0902-991-6167 and 0708-606-6077
4. Jos and Ibadan 0808-437-4247 and 0907-012-1653
5. Kano and Benin 0701-790-2426 and 0904-296-1010
6. Port-Harcourt 0907-128-9495 and 0904-295-8164
7. All Distribution Companies 0906-292-4670 (WhatsApp and Text Messages only)
By Peace Obi