Job Title: Technologist I
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform pre‐class setup of apparatus, reagents, and materials for pharmaceutical practical classes.
- To assist in routine teaching/research laboratory works by performing maintenance and other general maintenance duties
- To provide general teaching-research support
- Provide in‐class operational support and facilitate the conduct of selected undergraduate practical classes.
- Provide advice on equipment, chemicals, reagents etc to procure as required by the teaching and research laboratory or projects
- Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens, and/or workflow.
- Perform quality control procedures and maintain such records, resolve discrepancies arising from such tests, and document all corrective measures taken.
- Involved in the daily operations, maintenance and upkeep of the laboratories and teaching facilities.
- Prepare documents for safety audits and assist in the update of safety documents.
- Serve as the point of contact for safety communication to students and departmental staff.
- Teach new Technicians, and medical students techniques in clinical pharmacology testing
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacology or any related discipline
- A master’s degree in pharmacology is an added advantage
- At least 4 years of cognate/practical experience in a Medical Laboratory and with good standing in the field of clinical pharmacology, chemical synthesis or analytical methods or molecular biology
- Basic understanding of biosafety and good laboratory practices
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
- Experience in pre‐class preparation and running of science laboratory classes will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of laboratory practices.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Affiliation with a Professional body
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office Packages.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Your application must include the following:
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in a PDF).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.