You will be joining a leading global maritime contracting client with over 150 years of experience. They specialise in dredging, land reclamation, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects such as Wind and Oil & Gas.
Your new role
As Senior Category Manager Cables and Together with two colleagues you will be responsible for the development and implementation of procurement strategies for subsea cables during all phases of our projects: tender, preparation and execution. In close collaboration with the direct stakeholders, you make sure that we have partnerships with our suppliers of the highest quality and with interesting pricing at the same time
Roles And Responsibilities
- First point of contact for the purchase of subsea cables
- Research existing procurement methods and point out where synergy and improvements are possible, for example: defining work packages suitable for framework agreements;
- Know exactly who you are doing business with by identifying and pre-qualifying suppliers;
- Keep your stakeholders informed pro-actively with clear overviews which you translate to potential value propositions;
- Alongside the stakeholders you determine the requirements and develop new and distinguishing strategies for the entire cable supply chain. You make sure that these strategies are implemented and evaluated
- Share your market knowledge generously.
- Combine your technical knowledge of cables with your affinity with commerce and the maritime industry
- A master degree in a technical field (f.e. Civil or Electrical Engineering);
- An extensive knowledge on high voltage cables preferably offshore wind related;
- Experience in FIDIC Contracts
- The willingness to work abroad 5 to 10% of your time;
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbally as in writing;
- Experience with change management and implementation of strategical initiatives.
What You’ll Get In Return
An attractive salary package with benefits and the opportunity to work in one of the biggest companies in the industry. You will work with a very experienced team, and under the umbrella of one of the biggest multinational companies with opportunities for further development and career progression.
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours
- Car scheme/allowance
The company consider themselves front runners in the industry and offer a job in an International organization with opportunities for both personal and technical growth.
What You Need To Do Now
The company offers a salary according to experience.
The role is based in either the UK (Stokesley office), Germany (Hamburg office), or The Netherlands (Gorinchem office).
If you’re interested in this role, click apply now, or call us now on 01923 470757. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.