EM-ONE Energy Solutions Limited Female STEM Internship Programme 2022
EM-ONE is an engineering, technology and consulting firm with over 10 years of experience delivering sustainable energy solutions and smart electricity infrastructure to West Africa. We have worked closely with donors, private sector players and leading technology partners to build over 400 solar microgrids for both rural communities and commercial & industrial applications. Our work helps our clients of all sizes increase their efficiency, leverage clean technology, and develop new and innovative energy services.
Consulting engagements in Africa’s energy sector that focus on data collection and analysis, viability
research and behavioral evaluation are on the rise. These engagements require a different way of thinking and call for skill sets beyond just technical competence. This will require drawing on both business acumen and technical expertise to analyze issues holistically, deploy solutions and create value for all stakeholders involved in the consulting value chain.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Female STEM Internship Programme, 2022
Employment Type: Full-time
- EM-ONE is an engineering and technology firm focused on accelerating the sustainable energy transition in Africa.
- We leverage over a decade of experience in developing and deploying projects in distributed energy systems and smart electricity infrastructure, pioneering the continent’s power sector with innovation and sustainability.
- EM-ONE was founded with the fundamental belief that energy access is a human right. As technologists, we focus on designing and building energy projects that leave lasting impact on the infrastructural and human development of Africa.
- Over the past five years, we have successfully completed nearly 300 solar microgrid projects across West Africa. We have worked with leading donors, governments, and technology firms to sustainably power health facilities, schools, universities, government offices and private sector operations. And we are just getting started.
STEM Internship Programme Overview
- Globally, women continue to be underrepresented in engineering and technology fields. This gap is only wider in Sub Saharan African countries like Nigeria. We believe our role as sector leaders and champions of the energy transition require us to ensure it is an inclusive one – that means creating opportunities for girls and young women.
- In 2019, we launched our STEM Internship Program (SIP). SIP focuses on providing hands-on learning opportunities to graduate females in Nigeria who have both an aptitude and interest in building careers in the energy sector.
- SIP is structured as a twelve-month rotational program, that takes traditional classroom learning to the next level through a project-based approach. Over the duration of their internship, participants are placed in multiple functional teams of a typical EPC project life.
- This helps them connect difficult engineering, technology and management concepts to real-life applications while developing their problem-solving and other work-ready skills.
- “SIP enabled me to connect theories of what I had learnt in school to real life. I had the opportunity to work on a large-scale solar project’s design and construction. SIP had a huge impact on my life and future career in the energy sector.” – Laju Jeremy (SIP participant 2019)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred, Science background considered
- Eligible for NYSE
- Legal ability to work in Nigeria.
- Build technical and management capacity – providing safe spaces for women to gain sector-specific skills essential to growing a career in the energy sector.
- Providing opportunities for mentorship – participants are paired with a mentor for the duration of the program who will act as a buddy to guide their learning and development.
- Providing opportunities for formal trainings and accreditations – participants gain access to both in-house and external technical and management trainings to accelerate their learning and development. Special focus is given to improve communication, technical skills, collaboration and problem-solving sills.
- Providing exposure to working internationally and global best practices – as a close-knit distributed team (spread across Canada, Europe, and Nigeria), participants can collaborate with experts from across the world.
- Providing opportunities for employment – at the end of their twelve-month internship, SIP conduct an assessment evaluation. A round table between their team leaders, mentors and collaborators is conducted to assess performance, based on which there is potential for full-time employment at EM-ONE.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online