Ghana To Host the 3rd Annual Africa Oil & Gas Local Content Sustainability Conference
National, regional and international oil and gas industry Local Content Experts will gather at the third edition of the Africa Oil & Gas Local Content Sustainability Conference & Exhibition (ALC2019). The event,which is fast approaching,will take place from 10-11 October 2019 at Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra, Ghana. Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) is the host National Oil Company (NOC). ALC 2019 is endorsed and supported by the Ghana Petroleum Commission, the Africa Petroleum Producers Organisation (APPO) and the Ministry of Energy, Ghana.
ALC2019 is the third annual continent-wide policy response initiative and platform that brings together regional decision makers and relevant stakeholders. The key objective is the promotion of increased local value addition and participation in the oil & gas industry supply chain to achieve the transfer of skills, capacity building and economic development. The choice of Ghana was informed by the various policies and actions of the Ghana Government & Industry to encourage local content development and participation of the citizens in the oil and gas value chain, since the country joined the ranks of African oil producers.
Running under the theme “Shaping the Future through Sustainable Local Content Policies”. Professionals within and outside Africa have been assembled to discuss various aspects of the theme.Confirmed Speakers include:
- Mahaman Laouan Gaya, Secretary General, APPO.
- Egbert Faibille Jnr CEO, Petroleum Commission Ghana
- Dr K.K. Sarpong, CEO, GNPC
- H.E Hon. John Peter Amewu, Minister of Energy, Republic of Ghana.
- Dr. Kwame Amoah Baah- Nuakoh, General Manager, Sustainability, GNPC
- Dr. Lahra Liberti, Natural Resources for Development, OECD
- Ms Yanchun Zhang, Chief, Commodity Policy Implementation, UNCTAD
- Kwaku Boateng, Director, Local Content, Petroleum Commission
- Aphrodite ODDET, Head of Communication, SNPC, Congo
- Karl NGAKAKALA, Head of Downstream, SNPC
- M. Benjamin Kwame Asante, Director Petroleum Upstream, Ministry of Energy, Republic of Ghana
- Jessica Kyeyune, National Content Specialist, Uganda National Oil Company
- Nillian Mulemi, CEO Petroleum Training & Education Fund, NAMCOR, Namibia
- Emmanuel Y. Amangala, Manager, NIPEX, Nigeria
- Victoria Nalule, Executive Director, AEMI
- Nuertey Adzeman, Executive Director, Ghana Oil & Gas Service Providers Association.
- Tunde Adelana, Director, Monitoring and Evaluation NCDMB, Nigeria
- Luiz Henrique De Oliveira Bispo, Manager, Local Content, ANP, Brazil
- Jide Jadesimi, Executive Director, LADOL
- Kwabena Aforo-Addo, CEO Connexus Energy, Ghana
- Paul Eardley Taylor, Head Oil & Gas, Southern Africa, Standard Bank
- Florent BIOKA, Directeur Général, Société Forages Petroliers (SFP)
- Clarence Nartey, Country Manager, Invest In Africa
- Senior Representative, SONANGOL, Angola
ALC 2019 will feature technical exhibition alongside the main conference and will gather national, regional and international stakeholders from both public and private sectors, including government representatives, development partners, international & national oil companies, service providers and decision makers from the industry among others. The event is a high-level policy dialogue and professional networking forum for key stakeholders in the African and international oil and gas industry, focusing on the sustainability of local content regulatory and institutional frameworks and policies that have so far been implemented by African Oil & Gas Producing Countries to enable and advance local economic development and national industry participation.
ALC 2019 will promote knowledge exchange and showcase the best practical solutions for sustainable national industry participation and domestic value addition through local enterprise, contractor and supplier value chain development. It will also explore opportunities for regional local content for the development of regional supply chain within the oil and gas value chain in Africa.
The success of the first two editions in Luanda, Angola, has made ALC to become a must-attend for industry stakeholders who want to keep abreast of local content policies and opportunities in Africa.
The event is Sponsored by GNPC and NIPEX.
For more information please visit; http://ametrade.org/alc OR https://africalocalcontent.com