Leading Steering Committee Announced for West African International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference
Senior NNPC, SNEPCo, TOTAL E & P, First E & P and SEPLAT officials amongst representatives to build programme for WAIPEC 2017
The steering committee driving the programme for the West African International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (WAIPEC) 2017 has officially been announced, representing a cross section of key senior business leaders and stakeholders from across Nigeria’s oil and gas sector.
WAIPEC, hosted by the Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria (PETAN) will take place on 21-23 February 2017 at the Eko Convention Centre, Lagos and will promote Nigerian expertise and key projects throughout West Africa, whilst supporting the development of major new collaborations for the benefit of the region’s petroleum economy.
The steering committee representatives will feature:
– Ademola Adeyemi- Bero, Managing Director, FIRST Exploration & Petroleum Development Company Limited and Chairman, Nigerian Independent Oil Companies
– Austin Ojunekwu Avuru, Chief Executive Officer, SEPLAT Petroleum Development Company
– Bank Anthony Okoroafor, Chairman, Petroleum Technology Engineers Association of Nigeria (PETAN)
– Bayo Ojulari, Managing Director, The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo)
– Emeka Ene, Petroleum Technology Engineers Association of Nigeria (PETAN)
– Geoff Onuoha, Vice Chairman, Petroleum Technology Engineers Association of Nigeria (PETAN)
– Ahmadu-Kida Musa, Deputy Managing Director, TOTAL Exploration and Production
– Ranti Omole, Chairman, Conferences Committee PETAN
– Engr. Simbi Kesiye Wabote, Executive Secretary, Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
– Dr. Mazadu Bako, Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC)
WAIPEC is the only oil and gas event to be held fully in partnership with Nigeria’s petroleum industry and the ten committee members, alongside PETAN will draw on their unrivalled global resources to ensure that the event delivers to the needs of all stakeholders in Nigeria and through the region.
The committee will guide the content of over 25 business, technical and special focus sessions, featuring more than 75 prominent industry speakers and representatives from both the regional and international oil and gas community. Running alongside the conference – an exhibition is projected to attract more than 200 exhibiting companies and 6,000 visiting professionals from West Africa, Europe, Americas and Asia.
Bank Anthony Okoroafor, Chairman, PETAN explains; “PETAN has put together an esteemed panel of representative from both public and private exploration, production and services companies – their expertise together ensuring a programme that presents an invaluable insight for all stakeholders and participants in WAIPEC 2017.”
For full details on the West African International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference, its content and how to participate, visit www.waipec.com.