Subsea Engineer at Valaris Limited
- Company: Valaris Limited
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Nigeria
Valaris Limited was created by the combination of two leading offshore drillers with decades of experience and knowledge to create the most capable, effective and highest performing offshore drilling service company in the world. We provide drilling services across all water depths with unmatched scale, geographic presence and customer relationships.
- Accountable for assisting the Subsea Engineer in providing specialized systems engineering and equipment specification support to business unit engineering departments, and other corporate operations with regard to operating capabilities of assets in Marine Operations and Subsea Systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all ENSCO HSE policies as outlined in ENSCOs QSMS document
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all subsea equipment including but not limited to: BOP Stack and associated components of MUX control system, BOP handling equipment (BOP Crane, Transporter, Bulkhead Guides, Sea Fasteners, X-MAS Tree Cart and mini carts), Subsea High Pressure Unit, BOP Fluid Mixing System, and associated accumulators, BOP Test Stump, Crown Mounted Compensator, Active Heave Compensator, Marine Drilling Riser, Riser hydraulic handling equipment (Riser Yoke, Riser Trolley, etc.), Marine Riser Tensioners and associated equipment, HP Compressors and Standby APV’s, Diverter, Diverter Control System and Diverter System Valves, Choke and Kill Manifold and associated control system, Moonpool maintenance baskets, MUX and Hotline Reels, Moonpool drape hoses.
- Coordinate all maintenance with Rig management and HOD’s to ensure minimum impact on operations.
- Responsible for the Marine Riser, keeps a written record of seal inspections and keeps the “Riser Master List” updated.
- Make space out calculation and prepares riser running sheet for each riser run.
- Monitor slip joint bearing and tensioner ring during heading changes.
- Document equipment historical data for the purpose of reliability analysis and planning necessary upgrades.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Marine Engineering from an accredited university required.
- Significant prior experience providing marine engineering and Subsea equipment support/design engineering to offshore operations.
- Minimum of five years experience in a similar position.
- Training Requirements
- BFF – Basic fire fighting
- Common Safety Training Program (CSTP)
- EAMS Training (Ensco Recommended)
- EFA – Elementary First Aid
- Ensco Well Control Standard
- Environmental Awareness
- HUET – Helicopter Underwater Escape
- Lube Basics for Machine Op (Ensco Recommended)
- Lube Oil Storage – Practices (Ensco Recommended)
- Lube Sampling – Practices (Ensco Recommended)
- Lubrication Fundamentals – Int (Ensco Recommended)
- PST – Personal Survival Training
- Slinging & Rigging – Practical (API RP2D/LOLER)
- SSOW – Safe System of Work (Ensco)
- SSTP – Supervisor Safety Trng Program (Ensco)
- Well Control – Supervisor (Lvl 4)
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Effective team working skills.
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
- Must be capable of working in a confined marine environment.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Be able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
- Be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Capable of carrying 100lbs several hundred feet, including up and down-stairs and possibly uneven ground.
- Physically capable of performing emergency procedures including evacuations, fire drills, and other emergencies.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Note: This position is open to citizens and residents of Nigeria and applicants must be legally authorized to work in Nigeria.