Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Planning Engineer, SWO
Reference ID: R107165
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the role?
- To contribute to delivery and maintenance of standard, consistent and realistic project plans reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project.
- Develop plans required for the management and engineering of assigned projects compliant with agreed business and technical objectives, within schedule and budget, whilst ensuring quality, safe installation, and operation as well as performance to agreed requirements.
- Evaluate and control project plans and perform schedule development, maintenance and monitoring of the planning/scheduling activities.
- Ensure competitive schedule deliveries via latest benchmarking internally within Shell and externally through IPA, Performance Forum, Woodmac and other benchmarking tools and forums.
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project.
- Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements.
- Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and Shell plan dates that align with the overall project schedule.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting. Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule
- Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates.
- Maintain and promote realism in the planning deliverables in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project team leaders.
- Develop credible schedules and plans integrating assessed issues and uncertainties that will facilitate quality decision making.
- Support CSR’s and other site leadership personnel on planning / progress monitoring on execute phase.
- Conduct weekly and monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain the status reports.
- Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to projects sub-element managers.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Implement and utilize the Shell standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
- Develop credible and competitive project schedule to the required confidence levels working in a multi-function and multi discipline team.
What we need from you?
- Must have a Project Services Planning Level 1 or equivalent
- Must have at least 8 years of industry experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a project planning role is a must
- Assessment for Leadership Development is expected to be at the level of Individual Performers
- Experience in an Oil and Gas industry is a must.
- Must have been responsible for the preparation and maintenance of schedules for elements of project scope or a portfolio of early-phase prospects
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply