Plant Engineer – Savoury & Homecare Detergent at Unilever
Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 – 10 years
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
Job Requisition ID: R-49719
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Job type: Full time
- To ensure efficient support and optimal functionality of company’s plant and equipment to reduce downtime and maximize operations and utility services Through continuous improvement of maintenance procedures and technology,
- Ensure effective performance by technicians through appropriate training to deliver equipment to meet required production plans and all Unilever standards for safety, health and environment.
- Use experience and expertise to coach and guide assigned work of Maintenance Technicians within expected timelines to the quality required by spending a significant part of day on the shop floor (6/2 rule) – 75% of time on the floor and only 25% in meetings or administrative tasks.
- Assess skills gaps and seek to close these through timely and appropriate training interventions.
- Provide appropriate equipment and training to ensure safe working practices are upheld and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Liaise with Maintenance Planner to ensure effective and efficient use of resources and accuracy of plan.
- Ensure equipment is available to meet production plans by applying the WCM PM Methodology.
- Validate standards applied by operators performing autonomous maintenance tasks and review with First Line Managers in production as necessary.
- Assess opportunities for continuous improvement in both preventive and predictive maintenance and build in to ongoing plans. Create and implement plans to continuously improve site infrastructure needs such as energy, water, treatment, steam and all infrastructure services, Facility maintenance, contracts and contractors management.
- Liaise with production manager to introduce any changes designed to improve OEE for continuous improvement and make decisions that will extend MTBF, decrease MTTR, and achieve an effective maintenance cost.
- To carry out a monthly review and update on spare part stock to optimize maximum cover at minimum cost to the company
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, and maintaining proper inventory of spare parts and supplies and control inventory valuation.
Skills and Requirements
- Candidates should possess an HND / BSC in Mechanical Engineering or Relevant Discipline
- At least 10 years post graduate experience in Plant Maintenance in FMCG environment with the last 3 years in managerial role.
- Knowledge of mechanical & Electrical operations and maintenance
- Hands on Engineering process management knowledge and application
- Staff development and growth
- Continuous improvement in Plant Operations- Kaizen for improved plant OEE
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever on unilever.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply