Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Oil & Gas) at Brisktrade Offshore
Brisktrade is a 100% Nigerian owned company, incorporated in 2009 and began operations in the Oil & Gas industry in 2014, with offices in Lagos and an operational base in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 – 10 years
The Instrumentation & Control engineer will perform tasks assigned independently with minimum guidance. Work is periodically reviewed by the Senior/Principal Instrumentation & Control Engineer for accomplishment of objectives.
- Preparation of Instrumentation engineering deliverables including Specifications, Instrument Datasheets, Logic Diagrams etc
- Carryout sizing calculations for Control Valves, Flow Meters, Pneumatic & Hydraulic Power Systems
- Instrument cable voltage drop & Intrinsically Safe Circuit Calculations
- Preparation of Fire & Gas Detectors & Alarm Device Datasheets
- Inter-disciplinary document comments and reviews
- Provide inputs and review of engineering drawings including Instrument Location Plans, Cable & JB Schedules, Cable Routing Layouts, Instrument Installation Details, Process / Pneumatic Hook-Ups, Interconnection Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Fieldbus Segment Diagrams, Interconnection Diagrams, Instrument Loop Diagrams
- Instrument Design
- Produce Systems Vendors’ modifications Scopes of Work documents
- Carryout onshore and offshore site surveys as required
- Attend interface meetings with Clients and Vendors to progress design scopes
- Review Instrumentation and Control Systems Vendors offers, prepare Vendor Technical Clarifications and prepare Technical Bid Evaluation reports
- The candidates should have hands on experience of multi-disciplinary projects in Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering of field Instrumentation, Control & Monitoring and Safety Shutdown Systems, including DCS, ESD and F&G, in the onshore / offshore O&G and petrochemical environment.
- Additionally, a practical design knowledge of Telecommunication Systems including CCTV, ACS, PA/GA, Control Systems Networks, Local Area Networks and Telephone Systems is desirable.
- Experience in multinational oil and gas companies like Shell, Mobil etc.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation & Control Engineering with at least 5-10 years experience in detailed engineering and design of Instrumentation & Control works for Oil & Gas projects in similar position
- Fully familiar with relevant international codes, standards and recommended practices such as ISA, NEC, NFPA, BS API, IEC,etc
- Should have hands on experience in INTOOLS (SPI) software. Working knowledge of AVEVA instrumentation and SP3D preferred
- Working knowledge of Nigerian Oil industry Standards preferred
- Competent to carry out the Design activity in the Design-Check-Approve-Authorize cycle, and to Check the technical deliverables of designers
- General knowledge of other related disciplines
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks. Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, initiative and analytical skills
- Good oral and written English skills able to produce fluent Documents, Reports, and Technical Notes
Rewards and Benefits:
- A competitive all inclusive salary for the right candidate
- Medical cover
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.