Nigeria: Lekoil Flows Oil from Otakikpo Marginal Field to Onshore Storage Tanks

Nigeria: Lekoil Flows Oil from Otakikpo Marginal Field to Onshore Storage Tanks

0

Lekoil in its operational update, announced that oil is flowing at the Otakikpo marginal field in Nigeria to onshore storage tanks, where it will later be transferred upon completion of the offshore pipeline.

According to Lekoil, all onshore facilities have been fully commissioned and approved by the regulators, and the offshore pipeline which runs from the storage tanks to the tanker offloading manifold is 80% complete.

When completed, the joint venture partners hopes to commence transportation to the export terminal and afterwards, be able to slowly increase production to 10,000 bopd, Offshore Energy Today reports.

“We’re delighted to announce this key milestone from the Otakikpo field. I would like to thank the entire team that has worked so hard on this project, our partners Green Energy, investors, debt financiers, our host communities and our government regulators for their continued support,” Lekan Akinyanmi, Lekoil CEO said.

The Otakikpo marginal field is operated by Green Energy International with 60 percent interest while Lekoil is a technical and financial partner in the field with the remaining 40 percent interest.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.