Peace Obi

The Managing Director, Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG), Mr Tony Attah has said that gas has a stronger role to play within the energy mix and that Nigeria needs political balance  to derive greater value from the natural resource he described as the future. 

Leading the NLNG delegates to the ongoing GASTECH conference in Houston, Texas and speaking during a panel session where about 35,000 delegates from 100 countries are exhibiting Attah said with US gas revolution, it is pertinent that Nigeria becomes more creative in managing her gas resources.

He said, “Today we are 3.5BCF per day capacity plant, delivering 65% of our volumes to Europe and the other 35% originally was designated for the US, but as you can see, due to the Shale Gas revolution in the US, had to be more creative to manage that volume.

“It is really about finding that political balance to ensure that there is greater value coming from gas and that gas is the future and gas a stronger role to play within the energy mix; which is why we are investing heavily in it.” He said. 

Be the first to know when we publish an update

Leave a Reply