OOLU Energy Nigeria Limited is a growing off-grid solar companies in West Africa. Our vision is to be a leading energy and financial services provider to millions of customers in the developing world.
Our model, developed with local communities, allows us to offer high-quality solar products on an affordable financing plan. We are proud of our after-sales commitment, with replacement parts under warranty and customer service representatives who speak the local languages of our customers.
Company: OOLU Energy Nigeria Limited
State: Lagos Jobs
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Engineering Jobs in Nigeria
- This candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating all engineering and technical (non-IT) activities, to ensure we have the right products and they are all in good working condition, to train the field and office staff on new products and best practise and to run pilots on new products and accessories.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Product Design and Development:
- Develop and run market tests on new products (including components and accessories) that can meet the customers’ energy needs and functional requirements.
- Develop/Review design specifications & functional requirements, test run products and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes;
- Perform usage and life time stress tests, or cost reduction analysis;
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
Installation and Repairs:
- Small scale (<3kW) Power System installation and Maintenance
- Develop standard procedures and quality or safety standards for installation and repairs
- Provide technical direction or support to installation and repair teams during installation, testing, system commissioning, repairs or performance monitoring
- Develop and implement a train-the-trainer program for technical installations and repairs
- Develop a technical problem resolution and escalation process
- Provide support to the Customer Care Agents in troubleshooting technical issues
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should possess a Degree in Electrical Engineering, Solar Engineering or a related degree.
- Practical Experience repairing Electronic Equipment (Solar Systems, TV, etc)
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Ability to provide consultation, guidance and expert advice to management and other groups on technical, systems or process-related issues/topics.
- Ability to analyze and process data/information — Compiling, calculating or verifying, etc.
- Capacity to train others
- Ability and willingness to travel for field visits is critical and to work on-call during off shift hours
- Think Creatively and be Proactive!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Note: Only selected candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted.