Site Engineer at Afrihood Development Company
Afrihood Development Company is the trusted real estate solution provider changing the face of Africa one building at a time
Deadline: Nov 18, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 4 years
Afrihood is looking for a highly motivated engineer to handle projects from conception through to the final stages of construction to Join our company and serve as its “Site Engineer”
- Managing construction projects
- Overseeing building work
- Undertaking surveys
- Setting out sites
- Supervising contracted staff
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Ensuring project packages meet agreed specifications, budgets and/or timescales
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
- Organizing materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
- Preparing cost estimates and ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available.
- Providing technical advice and suggestions for improvement on particular projects.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment as required.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best contracts.
- Authorizing technical drawings and engineering plans.
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Drawing up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to crew members and clients.
- Gathering data, compiling reports and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Delegating tasks and scheduling meetings and training sessions where required.
- Completing quality assurance and providing feedback to the team.
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or a similar field.
- COREN registration with seal and stamp.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of Engineering, construction, and design.
- Great leadership and organizational skills.
- Superb project management skills.
- Ability to apply logical and critical thinking skills to projects.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.