Job title : Senior Planning Engineer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 17, 2022
About the job
The role is responsible for all functions relating to planning, scheduling, control and reporting, in order to provide sound planning advice and interpretation to PMT and other stakeholders to facilitate quality decision making and project delivery.
- Lead the planning and scheduling support required in the execution of Engineering projects and activities.
- Develop and update project planning procedures for the Engineering function.
- Develop Project Work breakdown structure (WBS) using the Primavera project planning and scheduling and tools.
- Develop and maintain up to Level 3 & 4 Primavera schedule for assigned Engineering projects and activities and provide critical path analysis.
- Advise PMT of potential risks and delays to project and its impact so that it can be mitigated.
- Develop and maintain resource loaded schedule and baseline. Provide scenarios schedule forecast. Carry out resource allocation and develop project manpower histogram.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress project report with progress curve. Facilitate and coordinate Project progress meeting with PMT and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project measurement system as well as Earn Value and Variance Analysis. Daily and weekly Monitoring physical work progress and comparing it with baseline to alert PMT.
- Deliver timely, accurate and sensitive project controls information that facilitates a clear understanding of the performance of the project in relation to planned performance targets.
- Review and monitor schedule and progress submitted by contractors throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support PMT in preparation of Project slide for engagement with Management and other stakeholders.
- Evaluate the planning and scheduling information collected from Project Management Teams or Contractors, and advise Management of expectations to the plan and potential corrective action and/or impacts to the project.
- Assessing and identifying potential risks, evaluating to ensure that they are appropriately mitigated through properly implemented policies and actions, procedures, training, systems and controls.
- Develop and maintain risk-based schedule and provide risk scenarios forecast. Advise PMT of potential risks and delays to project and its impact so that it can be mitigated.
- Technical degree
- Project Management certification is an added advantage
- Project Risk Management certification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an E&P major projects environment.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Project Planning/Project Risk planning.
- Expert in the use of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project planning tool
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across various business processes.
- Strong communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Team player
- Good inter-personal and leadership skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online