Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Technician
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Dismantle and assemble parts & equipment such as various types of centrifugal pumps, Mech Seals, and compressors, reciprocating and screw compressors, blowers and others according to operational procedures sheets and drawings.
- Clean all equipment, dismantled components in a through and professional manner.
- Prepare dismantling reports of the various equipment handled. This implies he should be familiar with various measuring tools like Vernier Calipers, Depth caliper/ micrometer, ID/OD micrometers, Dial gauges, and have computer skills, report writing skills.
- Prepare spares consumed reconciliation sheets.
- Prepare assembly reports.
- Verify inventory and parts received against Bill of Material per job prior to assembly of equipment.
- Monitor the quality control of manufactured parts prior to assembly of equipment.
- Apply agreed on test procedures
- Dynamically balance rotors and fans according to ISO 1940 using the Abro H-100 Machine.
- Install piping and set mechanical seals to match drawings.
- Operate laser alignment tools, condition monitoring equipment, hydraulic torque tools and high-pressure testing equipment.
- Work with Lead Technician/ Supervisors and lead other team members to carry out complete overhauls or installation and commissioning of various types of centrifugal pumps and compressors, reciprocating and screw compressors in addition to blowers on customer sites either onshore or offshore, this also includes bearings and mechanical seal change-outs.
- Represent the company in a positive manner while executing jobs onsite, by maintaining an excellent safety record and behaving professionally with clients and team members at all times.
- He must be responsible for all the tools he uses and take good care of them when required he will carry out PMs, on tools and workshop machines.
- Carry-out good housekeeping of the workshop and any field worksites.
- He must be HSE knowledgeable and demonstrate a safe working culture at all times.
- B.Sc. Engineering or Technical University degree.
Professional experience and requirements:
- 4 – 6 years of experience in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in compressed air systems, rotating equipment, electric motors, and utilities equipment is required
- Comprehensive understanding of all maintenance principles including condition monitoring and root cause analysis techniques
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, excel)
- Job requires travelling within the country.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Mechanical Engineering Technician” as the subject of email.