Mechanical Engineer at Tomato Jos
Tomato Jos is an agricultural production company that believes in the power of farming and processing local food products for local consumption. Our mission is to make tomato production a sustainable, profitable business for the farmers with whom we work.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 – 10 years
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day maintenance and repairs of the production machine, equipment & tools (Mechanical).
- To frequently liaise with the Processing engineering manager on maintenance and repair activities of the mechanical systems on the production plant.
- To continuously improve the mechanical system of the plant to minimize or possibly eliminate total breakdown.
- To plan for the various maintenance schedules (Preventive maintenance) of all equipment based on the anticipated and planned production.
- To continuously carry out routine checks on all production pumps, valves and all mechanical parts of machines and ensure they are in good working conditions.
- To frequently liaise with the processing engineering manager on the calibration of all the measuring and weighing equipment, and execute other related activities as defined by the Processing Engineering Manager.
- To plan and optimize mechanical spares to guarantee uninterrupted operations.
- To review the existing production facilities; modification of existing facilities in line with the reviewed processes and initiation of technical projects for improved productivity and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- To drive Plant Efficiency Improvement programs (TPM, OEE, etc.).
- To comply with all Safety, and Quality regulations.
- To read and interpret design schematics to ensure the proper installation of mechanical systems.
- To have first-hand knowledge about coding machines (Ink & Video jets).
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc / HND in Mechanical Engineer or any other relevant courses
- 2-10 years of relevant working experience in mechanical in an FMCG manufacturing setting, (special attention to installation and maintenance, interpretation of mechanical drawings).
- Vast knowledge in the use of Microsoft suits, intranet, Google sheet, and general computer appreciation. A critical thinker and a solution provider.
- The ability to speak Hausa fluently is an added advantage.
- Vast knowledge of power generation, fluid mechanism and refrigeration and cold room operation.
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Stamina to work round the clock during the peak of Tomato season /project.
Other Qualities that Set you Apart:
- Working with new materials or information to grasp its implication
- Strong oral expression in communicating information and ideas clearly so that others will understand.
- Strong directional and instructional comprehension in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong management, coaching, and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to stick to a schedule.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and current Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Position as the subject of the email.