Job Title: Lead Refit Engineer
Reference Code: SDM/2022/1/E
Location: Head Office – Port Harcourt, Rivers
- To manage and promote the highest achievable maintenance standards, ensure availability and reliability of BGT fleet. Also, initiate and manage repair programs and management of critical equipment on board BGT fleet.
- Develop and implement strategy to promulgate efficient maintenance and repair of BGT vessels in accordance with industry best practices, in other to ensure reliability and availability of BGT vessels to support NLNG production capacity.
- Oversee and manage technical issues on all BGT vessels and provide technical advice to management and fleet managers on best maintenance strategy or systems to adopt.
- Schedule and implement robust ship visit program to identify and control technical and HSE related issues before they develop into incidents or nonconformance’s that may impact on the performance of the fleet.
- Plan, execute and attend dry docking of all BGT vessels to ensure quality maintenance of the vessels in line with approved specification, including liaison with Fleet managers in the preparation scope review of material requisition (MR) for adequacy and in the most cost-effective way.
- Collate and maintain refit history in terms of scope and cost, critical spare management record and ensure procurement of long lead items in other to minimize unavailability of BGT vessels.
- Participate in the development, selection, and periodic review of approved shipyards for the dry docking of BGT vessels. Ensure maintenance of HSE standards of selected yards, competence of yard to carry out refit and advise management of the best in terms of safety, cost, and value.
- Develop and implement safety campaigns and programs to improve the technical competence of shipboard officers and ensure adequate training of officers on latest technologies including knowledge sharing and retention programs.
- Chief Engineer Certificate of Competency (Class 1) in Marine Engineering or B.Sc Degree equivalent in Marine Engineering field at Second Class Lower Division (2:2) and above.
- With a minimum 8 years post-graduation work experience out of which 5 years is served in a senior officer category on LNG/LPG carriers including 2 years shore experience in an integrated Shipping/Oil/Gas company
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply Online