Job Title: Geophysicist
- The Geophysicist is responsible for contributing expertise in various acquisition and processing techniques and geophysics, and an understanding of interpretation and inversion.
- Interface consistently with customers and advise them regarding processing parameters.
- Process data using the appropriate technology and software.
- Ensure that processed data is delivered to customers on schedule.
- Define, build and submit test jobs, interpret test results, provide recommendations on parameters and recommend further testing, if required.
- Validate the accuracy and efficiency of all testing and production job sequences.
- Keep abreast of developments within seismic data processing and communication and data transfer techniques.
- Investigate and report on problems encountered during the course of seismic data processing.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Assist the Project Leader with daily project and personnel management, including velocity picking and quality control. Organize and delegate work.
- Forecast resource requirements and report project status.
- Archive projects.
- Provide technical support in the area of expertise throughout the Sales and Product and Service Delivery process.
- Assist as required with the development of technical job designs for Product Line
- Assist with identifying areas where new and cost-effective techniques can be applied.
- Explore opportunities for value-added products and services.
- Consult with Design/Technical Engineer role as required to optimize the technical design.
- Assist in real-time incident response, recovery, and investigation as related to the area of expertise.
- Assist in evaluating technical viability and overall appraisal of tenders as related to the area of expertise.
- Remain current on new technologies.
- Maintain customer visibility through active participation in professional society activities and calls for papers.
- Understand the competition’s technical offering.
- Participate in external technical societies and communities.
- Contribute, write and review technical publications.
- Engage with local universities, Customer institutes and research organizations.
- We are looking for people that are willing to learn, great attention to details, problem solving abilities, highly adaptable and collaborative skills with the below qualifications:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Petroleum Engineering or Geology or relative studies
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Geophysics
- Excellent working knowledge of English is mandatory.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online