Engineering Operations Manager at Industrial & Medical Gases Nigeria Plc
Industrial and Medical Gases (IMG) Nigeria Plc is sub-Sahara Africa’s market leader in industrial, medical, and food-grade gases, welding & medical equipment, and engineering services since 1959 and prospered by constantly meeting the needs of our customers.
Application Deadline: Nov 16, 2022
Vacancy notice No: 2022/HR/010
- We require an experienced engineer who will take on the role of leading a team of engineers in the Operations and Engineering unit of the company.
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional who possess good mechanical aptitude for process optimization and calibrations, knowledge of industrial and medical gases, manufacturing, good communication skill, technical report writing skills, motivated team player, provide excellent customer support, safety consciousness throughout all aspect of production and production environment, and the ability to think through complex processes.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Coordinating and leading a team of engineers in production, plants routine maintenance and engineering projects’ management to achieve the company’s objectives
- Developing manufacturing processes that minimize waste and increase the quality of finished products
- Monitoring and testing processes and products found in all phases of production
- Developing and implementing safety procedures for staff working with hazardous materials
- Designing, planning and implementing the layout of manufacturing equipment to optimize production and decrease costs
- Staying up to date with new and emerging manufacturing processes
- Creating and presenting cost analysis reports to management for decision making
- Project designing, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Coordinating all production and maintenance activities on all sites
- Monitoring production plants to identify potential errors/problems and pro-actively develop solutions
- Ensure solutions focused on reducing downtime, conserving maintenance costs, maintain/increase production levels while improving production costs, yield, quality and safety
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, implement audit findings recommendations to support root cause analysis for corrective actions
- Must be familiar with production of cryogenic liquids, special gases and gas mixtures.
- Must be familiar with operations of Dissolved Acetylene plants, Air Separation Units and Carbon dioxide plants and product filling processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering
- Master’s Degree in engineering or master’s degree in business management (MBA) or Engineering Management will be an added advantage.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Skills
- Between 45 and 50 years of Age
- Minimum of 20 years experiecne (10 of which must have been in an Industrial & Gas Manufacturing company at a middle/senior management level).
- People management skills
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Analytical/problem solving skills
- Must have strong interpersonal and technical skills, must have the ability to work under pressure and sustain good working relationship with colleagues.
- Must be willing to travel to other IMG sites on short notice
- A Nigerian or an Expatriate residing in Nigeria can apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Comprehensive Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only Applicants with the required qualifications need to apply.