Electrical & Instrument Maintenance Engineer at Seplat Energy Plc
Job Title: Electrical & Instrument Maintenance Engineer
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To ensure that all electrical generation / distribution / protection and control systems are safely operated and maintained.
- Coordinate and control all instrumentation and control equipment maintenance activities within the facilities to ensure that such standards are met at all times in order to achieve oil/gas production targets and gas supply agreement while maintaining highest level of HSE performance and integrity of the facilities.
- Enforce the correct application of the Electrical Safety Rules (ESR) and procedures on all electrical maintenance activities in compliance with statutory and Corporate HSE requirements to protect personnel, facility, environment and Corporate image of Seplat
- Perform instrumentation and control maintenance and intervention activities on instrument control panels, loops, controllers, compressors, pumps, generators, etc. in line with planned schedules of oil and gas facilities to ensure efficiency and meet Corporate production targets
- Initiate, implement and manage the maintenance strategies based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning /scheduling preventive /corrective maintenance to sustain the integrity of the facilities and production to meet the Corporate production objectives
- Prepare reports, data and make recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance related problems to meet production targets.
- Manage a team of outsourced maintenance contractors and ensure that maintenance contractors are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the maintenance programme can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Negotiate a cost-effective contract with key maintenance partners as a continuing effort to improve the quality of service offered and also develop a relationship with all existing maintenance partners to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Track, analyse and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilisation, maintenance cost, schedule compliance, etc. to improve maintenance efficiency of the asset.
- Plan and finalize maintenance budget in coordination with the Operations team taking into account the regular services offered to various arms of Production Operations and monitor budget to ensure production is achieved within the budget.
- Communicate and liaise directly with the production Operations Team and other technical and specialist support in other Departments to coordinate maintenance and repair work and ensure a quick turn around and returns of repairs for smooth functioning of the facilities
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment, order supplies and tools as necessary and prepare documents for equipment procurement to enhance maintenance of facility.
- Identify, analyse, assess causes of defects and deal with defects and variations in electrical and instrumentation systems within the facilities to ensure the reliability of the facilities to meet business objectives.
- Analyse, modify and recommend improvements to electrical, instrument and control maintenance procedures within the facilities and equipment to meet operational requirements and enhance productivity.
- Coach and provide on-the-job training for junior colleagues in their field of expertise as part of capability development and production efficiency.
- Electrical accessories/controls, motors, instrumentation, fiscal meters, utilities, etc. (Total equipment count = 150/facility) for critical oil & gas process facilities / equipment
- Provision of Daily / Weekly / Monthly reports for information sharing to Department Head and relevant parties.
- OPEX = US$1.2M
- Internal: Production/Field Operations Team Members, Mechanical Maintenance Team Members, Asset Facility / Maintenance Manager, Facilities Engineering/Project Teams
- External: Third party electrical and instrument
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- B.Sc. / Eng. Degree or HND in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years Electrical & Instrumentation maintenance experience in the oil & gas industry respectively. Good understanding of Industry best practices and maintenance principles.
Job Context and Challenges:
- Maintaining oil and gas facilities to always meet the design/designated plant availability target of >90%.
- Ensuring that all technical documentation (drawings/manuals/spares list) are updated.
- Operating an effective and efficient Maintenance Management system.
- Developing relevant skills and technical competence on electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities
- Working for longer hours during emergencies
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online